Of all the security we have with the smart lock and other locking options on our smartphone, we do want to disable them a few times depending on the situation. Even though the abilities of the Android phone are better than the iPhones, we do want certain features from the iOS where Google is not putting an effort. Just kidding, both Android and iOS devices have their own perks.
Recently, with the iOS 11 update out for the Apple devices, the company has decided to work on several special features including a feature to quickly disable the touch ID and Face ID which will work on the iPhone X.
Although we don’t know what Google has done with the developers to create more features, we do know that most of the features in the Android P seem like pseudo features from the iPhones. Same as the above-mentioned feature, Google has put in a new mode called Lockdown Mode that performs a similar action.
This Lockdown feature in your Android P device will disable all the biometric and face unlock features and will also disable lockscreen notifications. As a result, if you are in a situation where the law can make use of your biometrics to unlock your device, you can deny entering the passcode as your right.
Here’s How To Enable Lockdown Mode:
- When you first update your device to Android P, this mode will first be disabled by default. You need to enable this before you can start using this feature.
- To do that, go to Settings, and then scroll down and select Security and Location option.
- You can either do the above mentioned or just search for Lockdown mode and you’ll be taken right there.
- On the Security and Location page, tap the Lock screen preferences.
- Now, enable the Show Lockdown option.
That’s it, you are now all set to use this feature. I’ll be saying that you have only just turned on the shortcut to enable this feature. Read further to know how to use the Lockdown Mode
How to Use Lockdown Mode:
Even though you enabled the toggle, you just can’t start using this feature. With this turned on, you’ll just get a shortcut to enable the Lockdown Mode.
- Now to use this mode, you will have to hold the power button same as when you want to shut it down. After the power menu pops up, you will now see another new option called Lockdown.
- Right when you tap this, the fingerprint sensor and the other smart-lock features will be entirely disabled. Also, the lock screen notifications will be turned off which is quite a helpful feature.
- Now, you will have to enter your passcode to unlock your device. However, right when you unlock your device, this mode will be turned off and you will have to enter into the power menu to enable this mode again.
So this is all about enabling and using the Lockdown Mode in the Android P. What other features in Android P did you find interesting? Let us know in the comments section below.